Warm wax, or strip wax, is the most commonly used method of semi-permanent hair removal. Wax is applied in a thin layer and then removed with either paper or cloth strips. Most hair and skin types are suitable for strip wax. We are using honey and cream wax since this gives your skin a natural comfortable feeling after hair removal.
If you suffer from coarse, thick, stubborn hair you might be recommend hot wax which is more comfortable with a longer lasting effect. It’s particularly suitable for underarm and bikini waxing. Applied in a slightly thicker layer than strip wax, it shrink wraps the hair rather than sticking to it.
For sensitive skin and sensitive areas we would strongly recommend Body Sugaring, a pure natural method of hair removal.
Bikini waxing, male body waxing, leg waxing or especially Brazilian waxing could all be easily substitute by Body Sugaring hair removal.
Every client who tried Body Sugaring in our beauty salon in Maidenhead never went back to waxing hair removal.
- It is best to avoid booking an appointment 1-2 days before menstruation as you may feel more sensitive at this time.
- Avoid wearing any deodorants, oils and moisturizing creams on areas to be treated as the wax will not stick to the skin, reducing the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Do not book a treatment on an area of sunburn skin or if you have any current infectious skin conditions.
- Avoid sunbathing 24 hours before and after a treatment.
- Inform your therapist if you have any medical conditions which might not be suitable for waxing.
- Avoid sunbathing, infra-red or ultra-violet light for long periods in the 24 hours after treatment so as not to irritate the skin.
- Do not use deodorants or perfumed products during the first 24 hours following treatment.
- Avoid swimming and exercise for 24 hours after a treatment as harsh chemicals and perspiration may affect the area treated.
- Do not use depilatory creams or shave between appointments.
- Small red spots may appear where the hair has been removed. This is a normal reaction and occurs because the maximum amount of blood is sent to the area to heal and protect the skin. The extra blood will be diverted again within a few hours and the spots will disappear.
- Occasionally tiny whiteheads appear on the treated area, most commonly on the top lip. This is caused by sebum in the empty follicles. Do not squeeze, they will disappear. These spots usually lessen with regular treatments.
- Exfoliate regularly to help prevent in-growing hairs and maintain smooth skin.
- If the area treated feels hot, cool with a cold compress.
- Do not hesitate to contact us with any queries following a treatment or with any questions about waxing.