It is important that you avoid the following within a 30 day* period before treatment:
- Do NOT sunbathe
- Do NOT use sun beds
- Avoid self-tanning products
- Do NOT have electrolysis
- Do NOT wax or sugar
- Do NOT pull out hair with tweezers
- Do NOT thread the hairs
- Do NOT bleach the hair
- Do NOT use depilatory creams
You should avoid the following for the 24-48 hours after treatment.
- No perfumed products or make–up
- No excessive heat e.g. saunas, steam rooms or hot baths
- No swimming or gym
- No touching, picking or scratching the area
After treatment with a Laser you can cool the treated area as long as it is pleasant to do so, and then apply skin moisturiser.
After treatment with a Laser, redness of the skin, swelling and small crusts are normal. It is possible that the lesion temporarily becomes darker (especially in removal of pigments). Please avoid using cosmetics with scents in the treated area for at least 2 months.
Pure Aloe Vera gel must be used for the next 48 hours after the treatment if any inflammation persists.
If no skin reaction is seen besides that of a slight erythema, clients are allowed to wear make-up.
You can shave or exfoliate the area 4 days after the treatment to encourage the hairs to shed.
We would advise that for the next 30 days after the treatment you should avoid sun exposure or sun beds and wear at least an SPF 30 or higher sun block when outside.
The only method of hair removal which is suitable in-between treatments is shaving.
- Do not wax, sugar, tweeze, thread or pull hairs
- Do not use a bleaching cream
- Do not use a depilatory cream