Summer has arrived and it’s more important than ever to take good care of your skin. We all know that regular exfoliation is good for the skin. I’d love to share my top tips with you and how regular exfoliation can benefit you and the general health of your skin.
Your skin is always on display and often has the power to dictate how good you feel about yourself, therefore investing in proper skin care is of great importance. Regular exfoliation can eliminate the skin problems that many people get down about from ingrowing hairs, dry patches and a sallow complexion. Exfoliating the skin is the process of removing the upper most layer of skin and regular exfoliation will help to prevent the build-up of dead skin cells. Be kind to your skin with a natural exfoliator.
What are the benefits of exfoliating?
- Regular exfoliation will give you smoother, more even, healthier and balanced skin.
- By exfoliating you can avoid patchy skin cells and a sallow appearance.
- After regular exfoliation you will avoid ingrowing hairs, which are a big problem for many people.
- Dead skin cells will be removed, which means the hair can grow through the skin (which can then be sugared afterwards).
- Exfoliating the tired, dead cells also speeds up the skin renewal process, allowing new healthy cells to take their place. This process turns your complexion from dull and dry to bright, vibrant, and smooth.
- In addition, regular exfoliation reduces fine lines and wrinkles and keeps your skin much softer!
- Exfoliating helps any products or creams you may use to then sink into the skin (these products can’t work properly if they are trying to get through layers of dead skin)!
My Top Tips
- Whenever you are in the shower, exfoliate all over your body, using just your regular shower gel and a special mitten.
- Use an exfoliating product once per week. I would recommend using a product that is natural and kinder to your skin.
- I use the gorgeous Body Smooth Refreshing Polish product from Tropic which is available from my online shop. It is a natural, organic and vegan product which contains pieces of bamboo and sea salt with several different oils. It is a fantastic exfoliator which smells divine. No wonder it is a top seller!
- I would recommend a professional exfoliation treatment once per month because your stratum corneum (the outermost layer of visible skin) will completely renew itself approximately every 28 days. In this time your skin cells are constantly being renewed, to replace the older cells.
- If you give your skin a head start with a good exfoliation treatment your skin cells will begin to replicate the new healthier cells, therefore giving you a better complexion.
So please give exfoliating a try this Summer! Watch your skin transform from dry textures and sallow colours to soft, silky and healthy looking skin, without ingrowing hairs. If you have any questions or would like to know more, I’d be delighted to help!